Monday, May 05, 2008

The Undomestic Goddess - Sophie Kinsella



This book was a recommended read by my sister knowing how much I enjoyed "Confessions of a Shopaholic". I enjoyed this book very much as well and the next one by Sophie Kinsella on the radar is "Can You Keep a Secret?".

Samantha like the typical protagonist of Sophie's books is an expert at painting herself into a corner. It is nail biting to read what she commits herself to but there is also an exhilaration in her ability to be a quick learner enabling her to wring herself out of the situation she is in. It was rather frustrating to read the number of times she changes her mind before arriving at the conclusion that she should ditch her life as a high profile lawyer. I did not agree with that wholly either. I feel that there was no need for her to go from being a lawyer to a housekeeper. She could have chosen a life somewhere in between - like becoming a part time lawyer who works in her own time. What a waste all those years of working towards the law degree!! But of course this book is not to be taken too seriously:) It was a fun read and I wouldn't mind reading some thing so illogical if it gives me a few laughs which it did. My hubby caught me laughing out loud in the middle of this one;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home