Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Sister Of My Heart -Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni




This has been one of the most engrossing books that I have read in a long time. Not because there is a mystery to unveil but more because the way she writes it, the authoress makes you go thyough each and every one of the emotions that the protagonists must experience in this story. I had dismissed books written by Chitra Banerjee after reading "Mistress of Spices" but thank god that I ran out of other books to read at home and had to settle for a copy of "Sister of my Heart" which did not even belong to me(Its my sister's and I thank her for leaving it behind when she moved). The relationship Anju and Sudha share is beautiful and the tumultous situations they go through are very real. Every time you think that you are almost done and the fate of Anju and Sudha is decided and nothing more can go wrong or change, Chitra comes up with another situation for them to face and for the reader go through. It makes you reach a cresendo of emotions and leaves you at the top with a promise for more to come in the sequel "Vine of Desire" which as you have guessed by now will be read by me soon.

1 Comments:

At 5:30 AM , Blogger rohit said...

Must be an enjoyable read Sister of My Heart: A Novel by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. loved the way you wrote it. I find your review very genuine and orignal, this book is going in by "to read" list.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home