Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Arranged Marriage - Chitra Divakaruni


I have been trying to read this book for long now. I tried borrowing it from the the library but had to return it before I got started. I now know that I am not built for borrowing books from the library. I love owning books and reading at my own whims and fancies too much to depend on the library. Unless of course there comes a time where I cannot afford to buy even second hands books. Keeping my future plan in mind (which some of you know by now), I must buy them all:D:D....The book was a good read albeit it had a sad note to some of the stories. As obvious the stories all revolve around arranged marriages and provide an insight into the Indian woman's psyche both in India and abroad. Chitra Bannerjee got me hooked to her books with her previous series "Sister of my heart" and "Vine of Desire"....I didn't appreciate "Mistress of Spices" and I have heard that the movie starring Aishwarya is even worse....
I can't remember the names of the stories as I write this but I liked most of them especially the one about the lady of the house and the maid she hires told from the perspective of her sister. All in all a decent read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home