Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bombay Girls, Bombay Rains - Anirban Bose


I read this book right before I saw 3 idiots and my thoughts are all confused and mixed up now. I enjoyed this book immensely and couldn't put it down . It tells the story of a small town boy who gets admission into a prestigious medical college in Mumbai and everything he experiences during those years spent in college. Ragging, friendships made and broken, heartbreaks and every possible life experience that you can imagine and of course all of Mumbai's character put into every single experience. I have read so much about Mumbai by now that I almost wish I was brought up there. Its a city that has a distinct character and this is obvious from every Mumbaite that you meet. Whether I would trade that for my life in Hyderabad is a different story:). This book is a good travel read and I enjoyed my Chennai-Bangalore trip immensely while reading it.

1 Comments:

At 5:10 AM , Blogger rohit said...

An enjoyable read Bombay Rains, Bombay Girls by Anirban Bose. loved the way you wrote it. I find your review very genuine and original, this book is going in by "to read" list.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home