Thursday, April 02, 2009

Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseini


It has been a while since I posted about books that I have been reading. I blame the TV in my bedroom entirely for my reduced reading. Why would I read when I can go to sleep while watching House, 24, Law and Order and the food network shows that I have on my DVR! Its not like I haven't been reading at all but I ahve been slower. Also to blame is the fact that I have discovered the joy of reading during work out and the joy of reading multiple books at a time. The context switch does not bother me, only makes me go slower.

This book was another depressing one like the Kite Runner. The conditions they describe and the life that people become used to left me wondering why people would even continue living like that but I guess if they have not known a better life, they wouldn't know any better. Also I kept asking why the women would take the beating and abuse and not kill their husband sooner. Again, I think people in such situations get used to life the way it is. I would not recommend reading this if you are in a sad place in your life. I am glad I was reading another happy book at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home